Need some Saturday to-dos? Well, let’s cut to the chase.
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (May 21) in Los Angeles, followed by a bulleted list of seven other quick ideas to consider.
things to do on saturday
The 2nd People’s Kite Festival -> This afternoon, Clockshop and California State Parks will host the second annual People’s Kite Festival “Community and Solidarity” at Los Angeles State Historic Park from 2-6pm. Look forward to demonstrations by kite masters, special workshops, a selection of snacks to buy, and tons of colorful kites sailing through the skies. Participation is free, donations welcome.More information here.
Getty 25 Community Festival-> Over the summer, Getty will be celebrating its 25th anniversary with a series of free pop-up community festivals in Los Angeles County. Each event highlights curated experiences that reflect the host community, including interactive workshops, live music and performances, artisan markets, food trucks, giveaways, photo booths, and more.The series will continue this weekend in Lincoln Heights Saturday and Sunday. More information here.
Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander Heritage Day -> Today at King Gillette Ranch in the Santa Monica Mountains, the National Park Service is hosting a special event honoring Asian American and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander culture. Activities and performances for the day included taiko drumming, Hawaiian feather crafting and garland making, Japanese and Chinese calligraphy, Japanese music and historical presentations of Chinese abalone fishermen by rangers from the adjacent Channel Islands National Park. Free to attend running 10am-2pm.More information here.
Seven more things to do in Los Angeles today
- Two new exhibitions open at The Broad Today, including Takashi Murakami’s first solo exhibition at the museum.
- tonight is Pride Night at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. Get up close and personal with animal ambassadors, listen to drag stories, dance to the DJ’s tunes, take special photos, and more.
- this The 8th Los Angeles IPA Music Festival Come to Brennan’s in Marina del Rey, where more than 50 breweries will submit samples.
- LA TACO’s Annual Taco Madness Coming to Santa Anita Park, confirmed suppliers include Villa, Sonoratown, Machin and more. Tickets are $15 per person.
- this Annual Insect Exposition at the Natural History Museum Highlights include exotic insect collections, insect-inspired artwork and jewelry, insect crafts, live animal demonstrations, and insect-related products such as honey and silk. Tickets are $7-$15 (depending on age).
- this San Fernando Outdoor Market It’s a monthly night with over 80 vendors plus music, classic cars, food and entertainment. Free to attend running 5-9pm.
- Los Angeles Opera Aida Come to the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion starting today. The new work includes a full chorus, orchestra, ballet and new designs from Los Angeles-based artist RETNA.
Want the best events in Los Angeles delivered straight to your inbox? Join the 60,000+ Los Angeles people who subscribe to our twice-weekly email newsletter!