Dublin, 16 May 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — “Malaysian Hospital Market by Ownership (Public and Private), Type (General, Multi-specialty and Specialty), Service Type (Inpatient and Outpatient), Bed Capacity, Region, Competition, Forecast and Opportunities, 2017-2027” report added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s supply.
The Malaysian hospital market was valued at USD 6,801.77 million in 2021 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.98% during the forecast period 2023-2027 to reach a market value of USD 10,355.15 million by 2027.
The market growth can be attributed to the rising disease cases and rapid increase in the number of patients in the country. In addition, the rise in chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, neurological diseases, cancer, and infectious diseases and the long-term treatment of these diseases are expected to drive the growth of the Malaysian hospital market over the next five years.
The country’s fast-growing healthcare industry and growing healthcare infrastructure along with the growing number of hospitals in the country are supporting the growth of the Malaysian hospital market.
In addition, the trend of the population investing in better healthcare services and increasing investments in medical devices, therapeutic products and services, and pharmaceutical products, and better patient care services are also contributing to the growth of the Malaysian hospital market.
The country’s government is aggressively promoting the country’s healthcare delivery. Compared to Western countries, medical tourism has also increased due to affordable healthcare and an increase in the number of experts in the healthcare industry.
The recent COVID-19 pandemic situation has led to an increase of 3,845,601 confirmed covid cases by March 2022, which is also the main reason for the increased demand for hospitals. The lack of hospitals has led to the creation of makeshift clinics and medical centres around the world, a similar situation in Malaysia.
The pandemic has demonstrated the insufficient capacity of countries, including Malaysia, to deal with the pandemic situation, thereby increasing the demand for hospital construction, further helping the market growth over the forecast period.
The Malaysian hospital market is segmented by ownership, type, service type, bed capacity, regional distribution, and competitive landscape. Based on ownership, the market is divided into public and private markets. The public sector accounted for the largest revenue share of the market in 2021 and is expected to dominate the market over the next five years owing to increasing government investments in advancing public healthcare infrastructure.
- To analyze the market size of the Malaysian hospital market from 2017 to 2021.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of the Malaysian hospital market from 2022E to 2027F and the growth rate to 2027F.
- To categorize and forecast the Malaysian Hospital Market on the basis of ownership, type, service type, bed capacity, regional distribution, and competitive landscape.
- Identify the dominant regions or segments of the Malaysian hospital market.
- Identify the drivers and challenges of the Malaysian hospital market.
- To study the competitive developments in the Malaysian hospital market such as expansion, new healthcare infrastructure, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- To identify and analyze the profiles of leading players operating in the Malaysian Hospital Market.
- Identification of key sustainable strategies employed by market players in the Malaysian hospital market.
Company Profile: Detailed Analysis of Key Companies in the Malaysian Hospital Market
- KPJ Healthcare Ltd
- IHH Healthcare Ltd
- Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care Pte Ltd
- Columbia Asia Group
- Sunway Medical Centre Pte Ltd
- LYC Healthcare Ltd
- Metro Healthcare Berhad
- TMC Life Sciences Ltd.
- Optimax Holdings Limited
- Ren Oi Hospital
Years considered in this report:
- Historical Years: 2017 – 2020
- Base year: 2021
- Expected Year: 2022E
- Forecast period: 2023F – 2027F
Malaysia Hospital Market, By Ownership:
Malaysia Hospital Market, By Type:
Malaysia Hospital Market, By Service Type:
- Inpatient service
- Outpatient service
Malaysia Hospital Market, By Bed Capacity:
- 100-500 beds
- up to 100 beds
- More than 500 beds
Malaysia Hospital Market, By Region:
- West Malaysia
- East Malaysia
For more information on this report, please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/38ox9e